Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does a Kitchen or Bath Remodel Cost?
- Design costs are included in your cabinet order. If you do not order cabinets from Heart of the Home, design costs vary depending on the design intricacy and the number of iterations.
- Cabinet costs vary with the wood specie, construction type, finish, door style(s) and accessories (rollouts, full extension hardware, etc.).
- Countertop material type, edge details, and if a backsplash is included determine countertop costs.
- Appliance costs depend on the brand quality and number of appliances.
- Structural modifications, such as installing or moving electrical outlets, lighting, plumbing, gas lines, windows, or walls can vary by contractor.
If you have not already selected a reputable contractor, Heart of the Home will gladly refer you to quality, price-competitive contractors whose work we know and trust.
How Long Will My Kitchen Be In Construction?
- Kitchen remodels typically require up to 4 weeks if you are only removing and replacing the cabinets.
Full kitchen remodels involving structural modifications, cabinets, countertops, new floors, appliances add up to an additional 5 weeks.
What is the Sequence of a Remodel?
- Preconstruction phase:
- Design kitchen and/or bathroom.
- Select a contractor.
- Determine required structural modifications.
- Finalize the design.
- Order cabinets, countertops, appliances, flooring, etc.
- Construction phase:
- Demolition: removing old cabinets, countertops, etc.
- Any structural changes: moving walls, raising ceilings, installing windows, installing doors, etc.
- Plumbing and electrical upgrades, as required
- Paint and apply wallpaper.
- Install cabinets.
- Install tubs, toilets, etc.
- Install countertops and backsplashes.
- Install flooring.
- Install appliances.